THIS is what You had for me!
Child is asked to do something for grandmother which is time-consuming and impermanent by way of deleting viruses from grandmother's computer which come from stupid fwds which will get opened. Sinfully resentful mother commiserates with child and unwittingly encourages child's resentment. In God's providence, father reads Philippians 2 to family and mother is convicted of leading her child astray and repents, hoping child will learn lesson that the service and the obedience will honor God and grandmother and father in spite of the time it takes out of child's schedule. Mother thinks about it some more while swimming laps at the pool. The unfairness of it all. Woops, didn't she repent? Mother remembers telling child's sibling yesterday that child's sibling must face each of child's sibling's disappointments with something like: Oh. Thank you, Lord. THIS is what you had for me. Mother ponders the lesson which came out of her mouth and takes it into her heart. Mother needs grace to model submission.
Lord, please help me. Please help my children.
Lord, please help me. Please help my children.
Labels: Sanctification, Training children
2 Comments:
I love your posts. They encourage me. I need to be able to say to God "THIS is what You had for me." Thanks.
Also, thanks for keeping Ben today. I'm looking forward to Jeni coming over very much!
I see you decided against posting. :) It was nice to chat with you today. I'm looking forward to our lunch next week!
Post a Comment
<< Home