Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My help comes from above

I have to report what a blessed day God granted to me yesterday. From the dismal beginnings, to spending time getting help from Timothy Rogers, to prayer, to spending the day in my room cleaning and organizing and listening to sermons and getting things done, to a nice family meal last night. The blessing of a clean room today and the way it helps me think, and the way it flows into my managing of the rest of the household, the blessing of peace with God through Christ, the blessing of being used to encourage others, and the blessing of hope for tomorrow and eternity are all carrying me along today. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name. Bless the Lord, o my soul, and forget not all His benefits.

Cal and I slept in this morning unintentionally. He has got the cold much worse now. I am almost better. He took Kilby to Knox today so he could work in his office, which he missed on Monday. After teaching prepositions to the LKs I went to swim a delicious half mile at the pool. One man left shortly after I came, and another man came shortly before I left. Other than that, I had the whole pool and the whole sky to myself! I don't usually swim this late in the morning. Nice change. And a great sense of freedom. And living under the forgiveness of God through Christ, a refreshed time of prayer. I think this is what we should be doing always. Praying. The rest of it is just a vehicle. Holy Spirit, please help us to pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home