Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Strength in weakness

This morning's timely selections from Daily Light:

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die Revelation 3:2

The end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. 1 Peter 4:7

Be sober and vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Deuteronomy 4:9

The just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him. But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul. Hebrews 10:38-39

What I say to you, I say to all: Watch! Mark 13:37

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand. Isaiah 41:10, 13

Susan's blog from this morning gave the English translation of the chorale for the 5th Schubler which she has begun to work on and which she claims as her prayer for the church this spring...

Ah, stay with us, Lord Jesus Christ,
because it is now become evening;
your divine word--the bright light--
may it not be extinguished in us.

At this sorely troubled time
grant us, LORD, steadfastness,
that we your word and sacrament
keep pure to the end.


And in all my feelings of weakness, decline, inability to grasp firmly I remember 1 John 3:20: if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.

And 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24: Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home