Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The fellowship of the saints

Sitting in the kitchen, the supper made and waiting warm for Cal and the girls to return home, listening to Susan's new CD (the shipment came this afternoon after she had given up all hope), and following along in the hymn book, I pondered on the words "let me dwell in light with thee: That, cleansed from stain of sin, I may meet homage give, and, pure in heart, behold thy beauty while I live; clean hands in holy worship raise, and thee, O Christ my Savior, praise..." and looked outside at the beautiful clouds in the blue sky, the sun shimmering on the live oak tree, and thought how cool it was that I was worshiping God with the combination of the talents of my son David, my daughter Susan, and Gregory of Nazianzus. O blest communion, fellowship divine.

And tomorrow Kilby flies off to help Jennifer with her new twins and all the rest of her kids. And Kilby's friend's mother is picking her up at the airport and delivering her, driving a hundred miles to serve us, to serve the Thompsons though she's never met them. And Judy Rogers has sent an email to her sister's church to try to find more help for the Thompsons though they've never met, either. How thankful I am for the fulness of our lives. How thankful I am that the more we serve, the more blessed we become. My heart is full. AJ is vacuuming for Kilby while she packs. And Susan is sending her new CD to Mrs. Johnston for her help in picking Kilby up. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home