Praying for Mark
I woke often last night, pleading with the Father for Mark's wisdom and God's gracious provision for their need.
Here is what I find in Daily Light this morning:
Pray for one another, that you may be healed. James 5:16
Abraham answered and said, "Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken it upon myself to speak to the LORD: Suppose there were five less than the fifty righteous; would You destroy all of the city for lack of five?" So He said, "If I find there forty-five, I will not destroy it." Genesis 18:27-28
Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do. Luke 23:34
Pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you. Matthew 5:44
I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word. John 17:9, 20
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. James 5:16-17
I would add Romans 8:26: Likewise the Sprit also helps in our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. My sleep-broken groanings are nothing to be compared. Nothing is able to separate Mark and his precious family from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Here is what I find in Daily Light this morning:
Pray for one another, that you may be healed. James 5:16
Abraham answered and said, "Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken it upon myself to speak to the LORD: Suppose there were five less than the fifty righteous; would You destroy all of the city for lack of five?" So He said, "If I find there forty-five, I will not destroy it." Genesis 18:27-28
Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do. Luke 23:34
Pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you. Matthew 5:44
I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word. John 17:9, 20
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. James 5:16-17
I would add Romans 8:26: Likewise the Sprit also helps in our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. My sleep-broken groanings are nothing to be compared. Nothing is able to separate Mark and his precious family from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
You know, Psalm 37:37 says that Mark Thompson is sinlessly perfect. "Mark the blameless man..."
Post a Comment
<< Home