Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Trusting God

This morning's reading in Tabletalk magazine tells a story of a young girl who is disappointed in her parents' plans for her good. Indeed, her parents' plans are better for her than she in her immaturity can see. The reading tells of Abraham's thought that God was granting His promise of a great nation through his already existing son Ishmael (Genesis 17). "The principles of how we are to act in certain situations are clearly given in Scripture. Yet, like Abraham, we can be guilty of going our own way. When the Lord plainly mkaes His intent for us known, we must dutifully obey Him, even if it is not something we want to do."

How kind God is to give us experiences of this in our lives. I think of Heather's move to Birmingham and Vee's move to Southbay right off the top of my head. I bless the Lord for His sovereignty, His wisdom, His goodness. I ask for grace to face every turn as from His perfect Hand, trusting Him with joy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Amen to that.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home