Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The 95th Annual St. Olaf Christmas Festival

We are sitting around the master bedroom listening to the two-hour 95th annual Christmas Festival from St. Olaf College in which Susan sang four consecutive days earlier this month. AJ & Grace are sketching. Susan is surrounded by Becky (who is looking at Susan's laptop and her facebook accounts) and Grace on the leather couch. David is playing Hearts at Cal's computer. Of course Cal is playing spider solitaire on the laptop (how lame is this family?!) and Peter is sprawled over the floor in front of his computer. I dare not go see what he is doing. Playing baseball, no doubt. One day, God willing it, I will be in the live audience listening to this beautiful service of worship of the living Christ. For now, it is good that we are so lame and earthly and distracted, for the beauty might undo us. I cannot think of it, worshiping like this in the presence of the Almighty. Please tune in by clicking the link above. And God bless your Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home