Pecan Praline French Toast
I wrote the lovely Wendy James at the Kate Shepard House Bed & Breakfast for the other pecan french toast recipe that M & I enjoyed in late October on consecutive mornings, first in Tuscaloosa at the Mason home and then at Wendy's home in Mobile. She was very nice to send it to me, so here it is for those of you who asked for it.
The night before, whisk the following together till well blended:
8 eggs
1 ½ cup Half & Half
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
Texas Toast Sliced Bread
In a 9 x 12 baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam, pour approximately one cup of the above mixture on the bottom. Lay out 8 slices of Texas Toast* bread over the mixture. Pour remaining mix on top making sure all is well soaked. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a saucepan, heat the following over medium heat:
1 stick butter
¾ cup dark brown sugar well packed
½ cup Pure Maple Syrup**
1 Tsp. Vanilla
Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. Serve warm with powdered sugar lightly sprinkled on top.
Notes:
* I also use thickly sliced french bread or a large gourmet round bun, one bottom and one top counts as two pieces of bread.
** Only use Pure Maple Syrup. I have tried others and it was a disaster.
*** This also makes a fabulous Bread Pudding using torn bread! Serve with your favorite sauce. I use Birds English custard.
The night before, whisk the following together till well blended:
8 eggs
1 ½ cup Half & Half
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
Texas Toast Sliced Bread
In a 9 x 12 baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam, pour approximately one cup of the above mixture on the bottom. Lay out 8 slices of Texas Toast* bread over the mixture. Pour remaining mix on top making sure all is well soaked. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a saucepan, heat the following over medium heat:
1 stick butter
¾ cup dark brown sugar well packed
½ cup Pure Maple Syrup**
1 Tsp. Vanilla
Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. Serve warm with powdered sugar lightly sprinkled on top.
Notes:
* I also use thickly sliced french bread or a large gourmet round bun, one bottom and one top counts as two pieces of bread.
** Only use Pure Maple Syrup. I have tried others and it was a disaster.
*** This also makes a fabulous Bread Pudding using torn bread! Serve with your favorite sauce. I use Birds English custard.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home