Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another day in the life of

AJ & Grace are finishing up Monday's math lesson by the light of the dusk outside at the picnic table. Peter is practicing his pitching and catching behind them. Susan is practicing her organ music at the piano. I have ground chuck with onion and garlic simmering in the cast iron skillet pan for the requested taco salad supper. Kilby and friend Laura are deep into an episode of "North and South" and Becky is blogging about CME . David just called Susan from Bryan to talk about her days with him later this month on her way back to St. Olaf. Cal is probably still at the office. The day has been cool for Florida, but not cold. Lovely January weather. I took a nap this afternoon, overwhelmed with sleepiness.

Now I'll go bring the kids in to do Tuesday's math lesson before supper by the lights indoors. AJ keeps asking if we really have to do this. We could have been done an hour ago with both lessons if the kids could only focus. That's the fruit of our Christmas vacation. Susan comments from the piano bench at my commands to "focus!" that they are learning something: where she comes from these days "focus" is a foreign concept. Just use ritalin.

Susan spent over an hour browsing around "Facebook" with me today, showing me all her friends at school.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

That is one of my new favorite movies.
I hope you are feeling better. I prayed for you.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home