a late night sociological thumbnail sketch for my kids
Rebelled against my computer habits tonight to bother both Kilby and Susan who will both be gone soon. Let's relate!
Susan said something about living in virtual reality when I explained all that to her.
Was thinking in the shower just now that I need to let Cal know how much I appreciate his taking his time to help a couple of friends of mine tonight by emails. And I was thinking that I would probably best communicate that by an email before I forget and before I can talk to him.
I've been mocked about the fact that our family communicates to one another, though we're in the same household, through emails.
I think of everyone at their own computers. Told one of the girls tonight that some of it is just selfishness on our parts: I'll think about and talk about and write to whomever I please, thank you.
It used to be that folks sat in front of the television all evening. Are things really getting better? But now we're dealing with what? Images? Passivity? No! WORDS.
Go ahead, take this further; it might be cool.
Susan said something about living in virtual reality when I explained all that to her.
Was thinking in the shower just now that I need to let Cal know how much I appreciate his taking his time to help a couple of friends of mine tonight by emails. And I was thinking that I would probably best communicate that by an email before I forget and before I can talk to him.
I've been mocked about the fact that our family communicates to one another, though we're in the same household, through emails.
I think of everyone at their own computers. Told one of the girls tonight that some of it is just selfishness on our parts: I'll think about and talk about and write to whomever I please, thank you.
It used to be that folks sat in front of the television all evening. Are things really getting better? But now we're dealing with what? Images? Passivity? No! WORDS.
Go ahead, take this further; it might be cool.
2 Comments:
When I have told Frank that I would love to get an email from him occasionally he said "What for, I live with you!!" This post reminded me of that. :)
Yay for computers. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home