Four Couples. . .
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33
We enjoyed the fellowship of four lovely young couples yesterday. One couple with a toddler, one couple expecting their first child, the other two couples praying for children of their own. During a moment during our parlor game of "Family" I caught a deeper glimpse of the beauty and strength of these fine Christians. I bless the Lord for their physical health and beauty of spirit, and am encouraged to see such upcomers in the Kingdom. I prayed for them. And I was struck with a realization that they, too, will go through hard times, discouragements, pains. (I'm sure they have already known some of this.) So I pray for God to keep them, to build them now that they might withstand the difficulties of this temporal life, winning the battles ahead of them in the strength of the Lord.
Cal and I spoke of it on waking this morning. He prayed for them. Prayed among other things that God would sustain, build, and multiply their love for Him and for each other. I kept track of those three words, wanting to write about it here. The alliteration of the first vowels helped me. And then I pondered his choice of words. They already love; may God sustain that. Then may He build it, make it stronger and higher and deeper. Then may He multiply it in the lives that they touch, especially the household of faith, especially in their own families. May He grant them the children they desire, and give them the means of grace to raise those children to believe and worship and love and work.
We enjoyed the fellowship of four lovely young couples yesterday. One couple with a toddler, one couple expecting their first child, the other two couples praying for children of their own. During a moment during our parlor game of "Family" I caught a deeper glimpse of the beauty and strength of these fine Christians. I bless the Lord for their physical health and beauty of spirit, and am encouraged to see such upcomers in the Kingdom. I prayed for them. And I was struck with a realization that they, too, will go through hard times, discouragements, pains. (I'm sure they have already known some of this.) So I pray for God to keep them, to build them now that they might withstand the difficulties of this temporal life, winning the battles ahead of them in the strength of the Lord.
Cal and I spoke of it on waking this morning. He prayed for them. Prayed among other things that God would sustain, build, and multiply their love for Him and for each other. I kept track of those three words, wanting to write about it here. The alliteration of the first vowels helped me. And then I pondered his choice of words. They already love; may God sustain that. Then may He build it, make it stronger and higher and deeper. Then may He multiply it in the lives that they touch, especially the household of faith, especially in their own families. May He grant them the children they desire, and give them the means of grace to raise those children to believe and worship and love and work.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home