Friday, July 27, 2007

The Fight to Think Straight

This was in an email conversation with my friend, Wendy. I hope she won't mind me posting it. It gave me a kick of fresh courage. Slog on.

I am ALWAYS trying to sum everything up, all nice and neat... but life (God's story in all of history) is so messy and every issue is so very complicated... It's always a fight to see the biblical principle at the root and where that truth is being skewed... and usually it is being skewed in many different ways... The Christian life is a fight to think straight.... And there is a "right" answer but it is never simple -- and it takes work and discipline to be able to see it, and even when I get close, it is skewed by my sin. How I need my savior... how I long for it all to be crystal clear... but He has me in this cloudy world and He says it is for my own good. So the fight is good and necessary and for my good and His glory.


And on how our circumstances seem so hard:

...well, isn't the way that you train fighters... by making it HARDER... I am constantly being forced to go to Him, not to human authority.


1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Rabe said...

Next time I send you an e-mail, I'll use better punctuation.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home