Monday, August 13, 2007

With a thankful heart

We heard a wonderful sermon last night on Peter's sermon leading to the growth of the church. "And they continued steadfastly in the speaking, doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread and in prayers. . . .So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all people. And the LORD added to the church daily those who were being saved. " (Acts 2:14ff) What joy I have to know that this is the Lord's work, the Lord's creating word. (We aren't just "playing church"! This is really happening, I think as I look over the order of worship in yesterday's bulletin!)

And now this morning, in reading a few more lines in Sovereignty of God by A.W. Pink I stumble across this wonderful verse in Daniel 11:32 which matches what Luke tells us in Acts:

"...the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits"
I hereby thank and praise my God who has blessed us wonderfully, weekly, with the precious Bread of Life in giving us week by week preaching that is showing us our God. Though we haven't got a regular pastor, God's providence has filled our pulpit with meat by which we are growing. Blessed be His Name!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You speak so wonderfully of what I see in our church. Our name "Holy Trinity" makes me smile everytime. I am learning in leaps and bounds as a new member.
Blessings! Denna;)

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home