
Another area of loneliness and an issue about which you can pray: I am the only one I know on this campus who has any concept of the Sabbath. Even my roommate works and stresses all Sunday. A couple of my closest Christian friends even think little of skipping church for studies. I long to see them enjoy the gift of the Lord's Day God's given us. But if you've never done it before college is not an easy time to start. I've pondered that this weekend. I've dropped a class. I'm not able to do the work my peers do. Partly that's my physical make-up. Partly I'm sure that's my having only 6/7 the time they do. I don't begrudge a minute of it and I thank God with my whole heart for giving me the healing and restoration on Sunday that makes me able to face another week (by Friday I was zombie this week, maybe because I spent Sunday in the cities doing the hymn festival). But I realize that my friends must look at me and shake their heads: "Well of course she just dropped a class again. Of course she can't keep up. She acts like school doesn't exist one day a week." But God provides.
1 Comments:
As hard as its been for her {and you} what a blessing she has grown into. Praying for you both.
Post a Comment
<< Home