Rejoicing in Hope
I would like to write something thankful. As we sat at our meal, the seven of us, with the rain pelting at the windows, a rain that is rare these days, but so, so welcome, the things in our conversation, the things in our hearts, the many things we talked of this morning, all spill over in a pressing longing to speak of joy and thanksgiving. But I left the kitchen, AJ cleaning up, to come up and do some mundane chores before blogging. And now, I haven't a clue what I wanted to say.
Only perhaps I'd quote some of the hymns that we sang, first one pitched too high, the second one pitched too low; but still our strong voices blending together in the middle of a busy day, singing God's praises, filled us with blessing. I prayed that my children would all carry this into their own homes as God gives them marriages.
Only perhaps I'd quote some of the hymns that we sang, first one pitched too high, the second one pitched too low; but still our strong voices blending together in the middle of a busy day, singing God's praises, filled us with blessing. I prayed that my children would all carry this into their own homes as God gives them marriages.
Teach me thy way, O Lord; teach me thy way!
Thy guiding grace afford; teach me thy way!
Help me to walk aright, more by faith, less by sight;
lead me with heavenly light; teach me thy way!
When I am sad at heart, teach me thy way!
When earthly joys depart, teach me thy way!
In hours of loneliness, in times of dire distress,
in failure or success, teach me thy way!
When doubts and fears arise, teach me thy way!
When storms o'erspread the skies, teach me thy way!
Shine through the cloud and rain, through sorrow, toil, and pain;
make thou my pathway plain; teach me thy way!
Long as my life shall last, teach me thy way!
Where'er my lot be cast, teach me thy way!
Until the race is run, until the journey's done,
until the crown is won, teach me thy way!
--By B. Mansell Ramsey
From Psalm 69
Thy lovingkindness, Lord, is good and free:
in tender mercy turn thou unto me;
hide not thy face from me in my distress;
in mercy hear my prayer, thy servant bless.
Needy and sorrowful, to thee I cry;
let thy salvation set my soul on high:
then I will sing and praise they holy name;
my thankful song thy mercy shall proclaim.
With joy the meek shall see my soul restored;
your heart shall live, ye saints that seek the Lord;
he helps the needy and regards their cries;
those in distress the Lord will not despise.
Let heav'n above his grace and glory tell;
let earth and sea and all that in them dwell:
salvation to his people God will give,
and they that love his name with him shall live.
from Psalm 142
To God my earnest voice I raise,
to God my voice imploring prays;
before his face my grief I show
and tell my trouble and my woe.
When gloom and sorrow compass me,
the path I take is known to thee,
and all the toils that foes do lay
to snare thy servant in his way.
O Lord, my Savior, now to thee,
without a hope besides, I flee,
to thee, my shelter from the strife,
my portion in the land of life.
Be thou my help when troubles throng,
for I am weak and foes are strong;
my captive soul from prison bring,
and thankful praises I will sing.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home