Signs of growing up
I'm a big girl now. I think I have cried out most of my tears. Part of God's wonderful sanctifying process and the wonderful knowledge He has granted His lowly servant. Just spent a tumultuous hour with a daughter going through what I went through at her age with terrible cramps accompanied by every rebellion the body can go through at those times. How little I remember now how I coped then! While she fell asleep I brushed up on an old labor manual regarding relaxation techniques and breathing exercises. And now to get back to the day. Where was I? I walked to my room, past my working husband, and lay myself down across the unmade bed, to finish prayers for my children's purity, perchance to cry; didn't Pam tell me something about the cathartic physical release that crying can be? But in all our heavy lifting these days, in spite of all around that is terrifying or dismal or evil, my soul is like a weaned child in me. I could not weep. God has made me valiant. Bless His holy Name.
Now to finish scouring out the kitchen sink.
Now to finish scouring out the kitchen sink.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home