Testimony of God's provision
This is an excerpt from a letter Cal wrote. He agreed to let me lift this paragraph to share with you here. Praise God with us for His loving care.
God has been mightily, wonderfully generous to my family in providing since my salary and benefits were cut off from Knox in mid-January, and in opening lots of doors for my service. Starting February 1 I was hired as half-time ministerial assistant at Holy Trinity Presbyterian Church, which I helped plant a year ago. (The other half-time position we gave to Dr. Reymond, who of course was available since he'd resigned from Knox. What a tremendous blessing to this very young, small church, to have such a giant preaching and
teaching for us! And what a blessing to me that he's mentoring me toward licensure and ordination, even [miracle of miracles!] teaching me Hebrew!) My work with the Cornwall Alliance has mushroomed, and the Alliance has turned the corner from a loose-knit, informal network of like-minded people who occasionally volunteer some time and has now incorporated a 501(c)3, the James Partnership, so we can do some serious fund raising to support expanded service--for which there is great demand. Four weeks ago I spent lots of time meeting with three different members of Congress and a bunch of Congressional staff members explaining Biblical creation stewardship and introducing the Cornwall Stewardship Agenda--they were all very grateful and said they would find it very helpful in crafting legislation. Last week we, with five partner organizations, launched the "We Get It!" campaign, aiming for a million signatures against global warming alarmism and the kinds of policies based on it that would hurt the world's poor. H--F-- just contacted me about the possibility of my doing some writing and speaking for it--possibly becoming a H-- Fellow. (I'd sure appreciate prayers about that. It would be a great opportunity.) And I've done a bunch of speaking engagements in addition to the one for CWIPPThink, where we talked. In short, work for the church and for Cornwall together have more than made up the time I used to teach for Knox (even on overload). And here's the stunning kicker: Despite loss of the salary that made up about two-thirds of my income last year, our bank balance has been higher at the end of each month this year than at the same time the year before! I can identify the origin of every deposit, so I'm claiming nothing spooky here, but the timing of God's bringing all these different things to bear has been absolutely wonderful! What my attorney, Shelby Sharpe, told me when I first contacted him December 7 and told him what was happening has proven true. He said he believed the Lord would reward me and protect me from financial harm because of the courageous stand I was taking for truth in the face of corrupt power. God is sovereign, and He might at any time take away what He has given--the Lord gives, and the Lord takes away, and blessed be the name of the Lord. But these five months have been a wonderful testimony to me of His gracious provision for us. We have also, as a family, grown closer to each other and to the Lord through all of this. I can without reservation say that I never enjoyed God more than in December, January, February, and March--the four months under the greatest attack.
God has been mightily, wonderfully generous to my family in providing since my salary and benefits were cut off from Knox in mid-January, and in opening lots of doors for my service. Starting February 1 I was hired as half-time ministerial assistant at Holy Trinity Presbyterian Church, which I helped plant a year ago. (The other half-time position we gave to Dr. Reymond, who of course was available since he'd resigned from Knox. What a tremendous blessing to this very young, small church, to have such a giant preaching and
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home