Seed pod ripening
Driving home from the airport early this morning I left the radio off and prayed. (Long, long ago I had that as more of a habit, but I don't do it often anymore.) In praying for my children, I asked that God would give each of them the particular experiences that they will need to be equipped to serve Him well. They may not realize it, that I sometimes remember that they will not always be in this training center. And I know from experience that their paths will lead out from here in many different directions. I know that this is as alike as they will ever be (I'm not saying as close, for in the Lord we shall all grow closer toward eternity). And for here and for now I am supposed to be in control of them and their activities, bringing them up in the training and admonition of the Lord. Since Miss Beth arrived on our scene to teach David many things we never could have, would have, I have seen how God provides what He will. Miss Beth and Samuel Metzger and Shannon Baugh and Jay Fontanini to name a few early helpers. Sometimes where and how the kids go gets a little scary to this responsible mom, but I do believe that God has made them for His own glory, and I pray that He will be glorified as they humble themselves under His provident and wise hand. Even while they are still nest-bound. And I thank God for these reminders of how well He has provided.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home