Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Taking it easy

It's almost noon and I'm just about to leave for errands to the bank, jeweler (fixed my old watch), grocery. I have been up nearly five hours. And accounting/desk work was the first thing I did. Only now am I finished enough (well, I still need to look through BJ's coupons) to do the shopping. Class begins at three. When shall I paint today? Shall I paint today?

I spent so much emotional energy yesterday on guilt for not painting but procrastinating. Today I realize how much I miss out on enjoying life by carrying such a burden. If I paint, I paint. God grant me a sweet and cheerful spirit as I enjoy all the other tasks I have. Do I believe in He is wise in all of His decrees? May He give me wisdom in my own. May I do due diligence, and may I have wisdom to prioritize, but may I also take as much time with each task that I do it well. Such economies with which we have to work!

And may it please the Lord to send us rain for the grass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home