Posting again
It's Monday morning and we have a delightfully disarrayed house. That will be my work this morning. With Grace's help and a few chores assigned to the others, we may get it all back in order by a late lunch. Then I will attack the week-neglected deskwork. The delightfulness in the disarray comes from its cause: four darling little children of dear friends were entertained by four of my gracious children while Cal and I caught up with our friends, long unmet over the seven years of their marriage, a marriage, I am happy to say, in which we were instrumental in its coming together. What rich fellowship we had this weekend. Following a short, but intense wedding-planning visit by Susan. Which began the afternoon of prayer-meeting-at-our-house. So, phew!
This morning I read the story full of Providence of Saul's hunt for his dad's donkeys wherein he met up with Samuel who was expecting him (1 Samuel 9), Romans 7 (which passage I was remembering last night while I was trapped, struggling to get out of my own sin. Was it the Holy Spirit Himself who was reminding me that this was the passage I would read this morning in my following the McCheyne Bible reading directory, thereby comforting me that though I didn't want to be complaining and worrying, but was, that I am not condemned for it, because it is my dead flesh that is doing that, and not my redeemed True Self hidden in Jesus Christ? Blessed be the God of all comfort.), Psalm 22 reminding me of Christ's passion and death, resurrection and eternal reign, and Jeremiah 46 on the judgments against Egypt, but God's preservation of Israel:
This morning I read the story full of Providence of Saul's hunt for his dad's donkeys wherein he met up with Samuel who was expecting him (1 Samuel 9), Romans 7 (which passage I was remembering last night while I was trapped, struggling to get out of my own sin. Was it the Holy Spirit Himself who was reminding me that this was the passage I would read this morning in my following the McCheyne Bible reading directory, thereby comforting me that though I didn't want to be complaining and worrying, but was, that I am not condemned for it, because it is my dead flesh that is doing that, and not my redeemed True Self hidden in Jesus Christ? Blessed be the God of all comfort.), Psalm 22 reminding me of Christ's passion and death, resurrection and eternal reign, and Jeremiah 46 on the judgments against Egypt, but God's preservation of Israel:
I think about writing more often. Immediate life swallows up time to write what little I think that may even be worth writing. Facebook and email do not help. Renee knew a whole lot more about us than I remember keeping up with her. I discovered it was because she had read this blog. So this, in part, is for her. May God continue to work in and through us His great salvation."But do not fear, O My servant Jacob,
And do not be dismayed, O Israel!
For behold, I will save you from afar,
And your offspring from the land of their captivity;
Jacob shall return, have rest and be at ease.
No one shall make him afraid.
Do not fear, O Jacob My servant," says the LORD,
"For I am with you;
For I will make a complete end of all the nations
To which I have driven you,
But I will not make a complete end of you.
I will rightly correct you,
For I will not leave you wholly unpunished."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home