Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spending money for What?

So I shipped MLB the vase her mother gave her that she recently asked about. That cost $9.55. And I thought to share a horse-decorated skirt and a horse history book, both which Kilby cast off, with our horsey friends the little Gilman girls in Northfield. That cost $9.27. Cheapest shipping. And I wonder if it was bad stewardship. I could have taken the stuff I sent Gilmans to a thrift shop. I hate throwing perfectly good stuff in the trash, thinking that is bad stewardship and the destructiveness not in keeping with our imago dei (I grant all things in this temporal world decay). But I also considered what a delight it might be for Esther and Abigail to get a box in the mail and to find in it such treasures. I really didn't have much choice about Nonnie's vase.

And then I spent the money for gas to travel to 595 and Flamingo to spend $5.75 washing eight old pillows that now smell like laundromat water, three of which I had to cut open to rearrange. All of which will be useful only to use as throw pillows on the boys' beds. Was this bad stewardship too?

I'm not sure I'm making reasonable judgments sometime.

I hate that creativity, homemaking, and generosity is getting more expensive, and resentful that it is decreasing liberty making it so.

May God be praised by what I have done today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home