Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Morning errands


Oh, my, it has been so long since I have blogged. Thanks to the attention deficit disorder of social networking. Or maybe just a busy life with third wedding within one year. This won't be a long post because I am officially tired and sleepy and wisely am headed for bed mid-afternoon to get a fresh start on work after a nap. Hopefully. Winding down.

Battling a lot these days with depression. Understandable because of the normal let-down after so many months of stress, and the need for new focus as the landscape has so changed. I think the fog comes from the sheer physical exhaustion. I am very aware that my doppelganger Puddleglum's nature, having some spiritual sight and a practical realism, borders on sin, falls into sin. The despair gets nowhere. I just have to trust God. How about that?! So I am committed to working over Philippians 4:8 until the peace of God shines from my face.

So this morning, after the physician's assistant and I could NOT find the little lump under my left armpit that had showed up in the mammogram I had taken after feeling it last month, I left to run my other errands. Thankful. I had waited a long time in the office, but God worked grace in me to be meek and patient about it. Even got a new recipe from Rachel Ray over one of those annoying waiting room tvs. I walked to my car seeing a woman leaning on it, texting. It was in the shade. I cheerfully called out that I was taking her stool. Asked her if she were okay as she walked away. I don't think she really was, but she was busy texting. So I prayed for her as I drove off.

After gas, before Gloria's bank deposit, I stopped at Winn-Dixie to get groceries and use my $5 coupon. There was a quiet happiness that I haven't felt in a long time as I walked in to the store. I enjoyed grocery shopping. No hurry. A few good deals. As I walked to the car in the soft winter Florida air I thought about the beauty, the convenience, the safety, the luxury in which we live. We're reading with the kids from Kefa Sempangi's A Distant Grief about the reign of Idi Amin and the terror Ugandans lived with for years, the gross persecution of hundreds of thousands. I thought of Kilby's recent message about how without the winter winds, the still city air there now smells of burning trash. I thought about her introduction to a culture that is so much harder than she has been used in her comfortable upbringing. I prayed for her. I thanked God for the beauty, convenience, safety, downright luxury that surrounds us. I prayed that she would have eyes for the beauties and safeties around her. I thank God for her home and her supermarket a five minutes walk from her home. May she learn to wash the vegetables better!

Thank You, Lord. May You be glorified forever and ever.

Now that nap...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home