Saturday, May 17, 2014

Staking my small claim

Had a firm conviction while off on my travels last month that coming home I would begin the focus I've considered for months: Early quiet time. Journaling. Studying. Painting. Being a wife full-time and no longer a mother. Hasn't been achieved. Much. 

Now that I have a new and all-to-myself-laptop I'm going to dedicate the outlets at my side of the bed for recharging my computer and my phone, climb up on my beautiful four-poster bed made firm enough for sitting on by Sleep Number 100, and look past the lovely, ivory, leaf-strewn-embroidered sheers that my friend Lynne Sampson made for me those years ago, out onto my lush, green yard, and pray to think on all the things God has taught me through His Word, asking grace to apply them to my thinking, whether I write or study or pray or not. And this will be my quiet place, my regular place. The house I can share; it is too big for me.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home